Today I'm celebrating:
1) I recovered from my stomach bug after only a couple of days (and massive meds) -- woohoo!
2) I received very helpful feedback from CPs in my group and outside the group, too. My cup runneth over with CP-wisdom!
3) I have two new ideas for stories! One is for a three-novella trilogy about ghosts and a ghost hunter. The other is for a novel about a dangerous fungus that escapes from a lab and wreaks havoc on a small town (think Resident Evil meets The Bay). I'm so excited! I have lots of time to outline while I'm finishing my current novel, Bloodwalker, about a serial killer in a circus.
4) I got a lot of errands done this week, including renewing my ID, which is normally DMV-like in its glacial slowness but went very smoothly. Yay!
I know most people aren't Horror fans, but if you had to choose, what are your 2 favorite Horror movies?
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom
Celebrate The Small Things Sign-Up Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is put your name on the linky list on Lexa's Blog, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Fridays Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for Mar 13, 2015:
Free Thriller Novel – Win Color Blind by Colby Marshall and a messenger bag. So EASY to enter -- just answer a simple multiple choice question on Carol Kilgore’s Contest page. (US residents only; ends Mar 31)
Free MG Fantasy/Fairy Tale Novel – Win 1 of 5 copies of Flunked: Fairy Tale Reform School by Jen Calonita, via rafflecopter on My Book Addiction blog. (ends Mar 30)
Free YA Dystopian Novel – Win 1 of 5 copies of Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy via rafflecopter on My Book Addiction blog. (ends Mar 22)
Free pkg of SIX Sci-Fi and Fantasy Novels from FLUX Publishing – To celebrate the release of Zeroboxer by Fonda Lee, win her novel plus 5 others (The Oathbreaker’s Shadow by Amy McCulloch, Wordless by AdriAnne Strickland, Insomnia by J.R. Johansson, The Culling by Steven dos Santos, and Backward Glass by David Lomax) via rafflecopter on My Book Addiction blog. (ends Mar 17)
Free $50 Amazon Gift card – win a $50 Amazon gift card to celebrate the release of erotic, dark romance I Love the Way You Lie by Skye Warren, via rafflecopter on My Book Addiction blog. Few entries = good chance to win! (ends Mar 30)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com