This week I'm celebrating:
1) A friend got back from a month's vacation and we went out for a great dinner together. Chatting with her lets me unload and regain perspective. I always come home smiling!
2) It's 45F/7C degrees here. Yikes! It may not seem very low to you, but Egyptian homes have no heat. (Since antiquity, they have no trees to burn so no heating.) We have an air-conditioner that heats and I used it this week, but -- Brrrrr!
3) I submitted my Thriller/Mystery BLOODWALKER to Booktrope! I'm so excited! They can distribute to Amazon, but still let authors have 95% control of cover/price/etc., they don't take out taxes, and the buzz is their authors are very successful! (Definitely better than Smashwords.) Of course, now comes the 6-12 week waiting-for-response time. *twiddles thumbs, stares at clock, eats chocolate*
Do you like going out with friends to unwind? Does it improve your attitude?
UPDATE YOUR CELEBRATE BLOG ROLL:
Julie Flanders http://julieflanders.blogspot.com
Yolanda Renee's book has a new cover!
As wedding bells echo like the ring of toasting champagne glasses in the ice carved mountains of Anchorage Alaska, detective Steven Quaid rehabs his grandfather’s cabin into a honeymoon cottage for his new bride.
When he returns from a hunting trip, Steven’s faced with five police officers, who “Want to talk.” Plagued by two unsolved murders, the Department is searching for answers.
The conversation comes to a deafening halt as the team finds a bloody crime scene in the bridal suite. "Where's her body?" is a question Steven cannot fathom.
Steven’s jaw clenches and his heart races. Images of Sarah streak through his mind.
The silence breaks as an explosion of accusations vibrate through every fiber of his being.
Although running is never the smart thing to do, Steven’s not thinking clearly and his escape into the wilderness of the Brooks Range proves almost fatal.
Find Yolanda Here: Defending the Pen Blog, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Murder & Obsession will release on March 10.
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
Celebrate The Small Things Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Friday Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for Jan 29, 2016:
Free Harlequin Romance Novel – Celebrate’s own Lara Lacombe is giving away 5 copies of Colton Baby Homecoming, the third book of her Coltons of Texas series, a suspense romance about a baby showing up on the porch of search and rescue expert's log cabin and the ex-girlfriend who helps him deal with it, reminding him of everything that's missing in his life. Enter via Goodreads here. (Must be a Goodreads member; ends Feb 20)
Free $10 Amazon or Kobo Gift Card – To celebrate the release of Bound to Fate (Contemp Romance), author Kiru Taye is giving away a $10 card to Amazon or Kobo via rafflecopter on Mythical Books blog. (ends Feb 5)
Free $10 Amazon Gift Card – To celebrate the release of Clean (Edgy YA GLTB), a look at the raw and real world of teen substance abuse through the eyes of gay high school athlete Lanny, author Mia Kerick is giving away a $10 card to Amazon via rafflecopter on Mythical Books blog. (ends Feb 22)
Free $20 Amazon Gift Card and Horror ebook – Win Redeeming Rhys by Mary E. Palmerin, a horror novel that explores whether people are born pure or born bad with no hope of redemption, and a $20 Amazon card via rafflecopter on the Mythical Books blog. (ends Feb 15)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com