Thursday, April 12, 2018

Celebrate: Slowly But Surely


Not sure which of the girls in the photo resembles me the most. Of course, I'm definitely older than both of them, but after my stroke, walking has been as hard as if I were a little kid walking on shifting sands. Whether I'm on a street or even in my flat, I have to think about every step and compensate for chronic dizziness.  

But I've never fallen, and I am improving, getting stronger and more stable, slowly but surely, and that's worth celebrating!


My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

Celebrate The Small Things Linky:



Grab the Linky html-code here:


** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **


 Celebrate the Small ThingsTo be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week.  It can be about writing or family or school or general life.  This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)

19 comments:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Keep up the hard work! You will get this!

Kate Larkindale said...

You can do it! A little bit of walking every day will make you stronger and stronger. Just maybe don't try it on the beach yet.... But that's definitely something to aim for!

The Cynical Sailor said...

That is so worth celebrating! I love seeing your posts, knowing that day-by-day you're getting better. You've got great determination - you've got this :-)

Cheers - Ellen

messymimi said...

My hope is you will continue to get better and better with the passing days!

Birgit said...

I think you are doing great! Nothing like what you went through will change in a blink...it takes hard work which you been doing plus will power and guts! If you want to read a good biography, pick one on Patricia Neal. She was a pretty big actress and won an Oscar in HUD. She had a major affair with Gary Cooper whom she loved. She married Roald Dahl and had children with him. One died of the measles, another was hit by a car and suffered brain damage and when Patricia was 6 months pregnant, she suffered 3 consecutive strokes and almost died. She gave birth to a healthy child but she was told she would neve4 walk or talk again. On top of it all, her live in nurse ( something like that) started sleeping with her husband..nice guy. In less than 10 years she was walking, talking and starred in the TV movie The Waltons which started the tv show. You might find her an inspiration

Denise Covey said...

Lexa, keep going. Those synapses will synapse! You'll never take walking for granted again.

Cathrina Constantine said...

Getting stronger everyday is a plus!!! Soon, the shifting sands won't even bother you.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Slow and steady. Just keep focusing and you'll get stronger every day.

L.G. Keltner said...

I'm glad to hear you're improving! I admire your strength and determination.

Anonymous said...

That is definitely worth celebrating. =D

Deanie Humphrys-Dunne said...

So happy you're improving, Lexa. keep up the good work. We're all cheering for you.

Erika Beebe said...

I am happy to see you back! Don’t lose hope. We are all here for you :)

Patsy said...

I'm glad you're improving!

cleemckenzie said...

You need a hand to hold on to! Here's one, and it seems others are extending theirs as well.

Carol Kilgore said...

Keep moving forward. You'll succeed. Never give up. I'm celebrating for you here, too :)

kimlajevardi.com said...

So happy for you that you're progressing. Slow and steady, like the tortoise. The 😉

Sharon Himsl said...

That's great you are slowly improving :) :)

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

So glad to hear you're getting better. One day at a time. Hugs.

Julie Flanders said...

You're such a strong and resilient person! I'm so glad you are improving and I hope that continues. Hugs to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...