It's an up and down week for me, so some things I'm celebrating ... and some things I'm not:
1) My husband's off to visit his family in Cairo. This means things are quiet on the home front, and I can get more writing done.
2) Despite the fact I have more time, I'm not getting as much accomplished as I want. Isn't that always the way?
3) The neighbors in my building are very polite and helpful. Like this morning I was carrying out 2 bags of garbage and the lady across the hall happened to go out at the same time. She immediately offered to carry one. I didn't let her, but I really appreciated the offer.
4) What's going on with my upstairs neighbors? I can hear every footstep. Are they wearing giant wooden clogs? Do they keep elephants up there?
5) I'm still doing Spring Cleaning, a little at a time.
6) I'm still doing Spring Cleaning.
When you look at your life, do you usually find more silver linings or black linings?
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
Celebrate The Small Things Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Friday Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for April 14, 2017:
Free 2 Signed YA Historical/Fantasy Paperbacks – Win Blackhearts and its sequel, Blacksouls, by Nicole Castroman, a re-imagining of the world famous pirate, Blackbeard. Enter via rafflecopter on the Riveted Lit blog. (US only; ends Apr 18)
Free YA Contemporary Novel – Win Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant, about a math prodigy, and as if that’s not nerdy enough, she has a psychic ability linked to touch except for the new kid in school. Zenn. Enter via rafflecopter on the Too Fond of Books blog. (ends Apr 18)
Free 11 Romance Paperbacks - Win 11 romances by assorted authors:
Draw Me Close, Start Me Up, and Win Me Over by Nicole Michaels,
Affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton,
The Earl Claims a Bride and Last Night with the Duke by Amelia Grey,
Explosive Forces, Force of Attraction, and Primal Force by D.D. Ayres,
Atonement by B.J. Daniels,
Autographed copy of Break My Fall by Jessica Scott,
Swag and Black Avon tote (not pictured)
Enter via rafflecopter on the Book Binge blog. (ENDS SATURDAY, APRIL 15!)
Free $10 Amazon Gift Card & Signed Romance Novel – win Hopelessly Devoted by A. M. Myers, about a man with a haunted past and the lady he loves but must sacrifice if he wants to save himself. Enter via rafflecopter on the Romance Giveaways blog. (ends Apr 19)
Free $20 Amazon Gift Card – To celebrate the release of Looking Back on Forever by Kat Alexander, exploring romance and heartbreak, the author is giving away a $20 Amazon card via rafflecopter on the Romance Giveaways blog. (ends Apr 19)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com