I wrapped up another week on the plus side!
1) With the ever-patient help of my CPs, I finally found a poll app that works! It's from SurveyMonkey, and although it's a "survey" not a "poll" and won't show the voters the results (boo!) it works internationally and has a special link so people can use mobile devices (yay!), plus it's affiliated with MailChimp---a very reputable email marketing service---so I expect no problems when I do the cover poll at the end of the month!
2) At long last, this week I started my new WIP, Coldest Night (the one set in Alaska). I'm trying really hard to write 1000 words-a-day and have done it for 4 days now. Crossing my fingers I can keep it up.
Do word count goals or deadlines work for you? Or do you just work when you have time?
Though I hated to do it, it was time to cull the list of those people who haven’t posted for the Celebrate hop in over three months.
Removed From the Celebrate Linky---Update Your Blog Rolls
The Beveled Edge (http://bev-thebevelededge.blogspot.com)
Entertaining Interests (http://danibertrand.blogspot.com)
Writing By Marilyn/On Becoming a Writer (http://www.onbecomingawriter.com/blog/)
Desiree Yearning (http://desireeyearning.weebly.com/desiree-yearning-blog)
Peace, Love and Books (http://gomezkarla.blogspot.com)
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
Celebrate The Small Things Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Friday Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for Feb 19, 2016:
Free Sci-Fi/Fantasy Anthology Hardback – The SFFWorld site, featuring Sci-FI authors and books, is giving away Ecotones, an anthology (a $24.95 value), to 5 winners. Enter HERE. (ends Feb 29)
Free Romantic Suspense Hardback – Win The Newsmakers by Lis Wiehl, about a newly divorced woman getting her dream job as reporter on a NYC TV channel but who wonders if someone is engineering the disaster that see to follow her around. Enter to win by following the blog and leaving a comment on the Stuff and Nonsense blog. (US only; ends Feb 21)
Free YA Historical Romance – Win Midnight in St. Petersburg by Vanora Bennett, about young woman living in Russia in 1911, where she meets Bohemians, revolutionaries, a Faberge Egg artisan—and Rasputin! Enter via rafflecopter on the YA Books Central blog. (US only; ends Feb 21)
Free Kindle Fire, $50 Amazon Card, & 4 Romance-novel Omnibus – To celebrate the release of Burning Rivalry (romance) by Aubrey Parker, she’s giving away a Kindle Fire device, a $50 Amazon card and 4 copies of the Trevor’s Harem series (books 1-4). Enter via rafflecopter on the Romance Novel Giveaway blog. Hurry! Ends Saturday! (ends Feb 20)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com