What I'm celebrating this week:
1) My CPs got seven chapter critiques and one got a whole ms critique from me this week! I'm not a shameful slug anymore -- Yay!
2) I made it through my Ch 8 and have gone back to do Ch 7. Writing things out of order (for the first time) was a little harder than I expected. There were details I wasn't sure about that linked the scenes together (separate POV characters, same location), but overall it worked. I'm glad I took the plunge, but won't use this non-linear technique often -- too confusing.
3) I found a new Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child book this week! (Yes, my face may have resembled the delighted baby's in the picture above). They're the ones I'd most like to emulate. I'm not nearly as good as they are, but I keep trying.
No matter who you idolize, it's wonderful to find someone who inspires you toward your goals.
Who's your idol?
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Katie @ TheCyborgMom
Celebrate The Small Things Sign-Up Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is put your name on the linky list on Lexa's Blog, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Fridays Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for Feb 6, 2015:
Free Humorous Mystery Novel – Win your choice of 1 of 3 humorous mystery novels (Nine Days to Evil, Fit to be Dead, or Dang Near Dead) by Nancy G. West. Go to Carol Kilgore’s Contest Page and enter. (ends Feb 28)
Free Online Reads - Celebrate's own Jamie Dement (of Caring For A Veteran) has kindly offered the links to her online publications HERE.
Free NA Contemporary eBook - Win an ecopy of End Note by Sonya Loveday via Rafflecopter on My Book Addiction. (ends Feb 28)
Free $25 Amazon Gift Card - Win a free $25 Amazon card to celebrate the release of A Groovy Kind of Love (women's fiction) by Karen Wojcik Berner via Rafflecopter on Juniper Grove Book Solutions. (ends Mar 2)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com