I have no book features to hide behind this week. I must actually write something for a blog post!
Luckily, my friend, Jeff Chapman has tagged me in the Writing Process Blog Hop where they give me the questions to answer. (Whew. Close one.)
1) What am I working on? A thriller with a theme of medical ethics.
2) How does my work differ from others of its genre? My books are all set in Egypt with realistic details about the people and the culture.
3) Why do I write what I do? I've always loved reading horror/thrillers. They keep me glued to the page because their stakes are the highest -- life and death.
4) How does your writing process work? It's different with every book. I don't believe in hard and fast rules. A writer should be open to doing whatever works best for them. :)
Here are the two Fabulous people I'm passing the Writing Process Blog Hop onto:
TF Walsh writes fantasy, romance and paranormal stories for both adults and young adult. CLOAKED IN FUR, a paranormal suspense, is her debut novel from Crimson Romance. Buy it here: AMAZON B&N iTUNES KOBO ALL ROMANCE GOOGLE BOOKS ADAM'S MEDIA
Kate Larkindale is the author of 8 YA contemporary novels (5 of which other people might one day be allowed to see) and one terrible historical romance. Her debut, An Unstill Life, is available now.
CELEBRATE THE SMALL THINGS
This week I'm celebrating:
1) I've written 4 posts for the A-Z. I know I need to get cracking, but at least it's a start!
2) I added another 5k to my WIP -- before coming to a dead stop. I confess I'm a world-class procrastinator. Like a child that doesn't want to clean its room, I'm great at finding anything to do other than write, like:
- Facebook? You betcha. Never met a LOLCat I didn't like.
- Email stalking? Yup. I'm not expecting anything important, but even the spam begins to look interesting when I'm supposed to be writing.
- Forum Posting? Oh, yeah. When procrastinating, I turn into a non-stop Yakity-yak Monster and get disappointed when peeps don't reply at the supersonic speed with which I can post crap in my forums.
- TV. 'Nuff said.
- Household Chores? The bane of my existence. Yet suddenly vacuuming, mopping, and even scrubbing the toilet jump to the top of my To-Do list.
This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is follow the link and put your name on the Mr.Linky list, and then be sure to post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever!