June will mark the month I began my writing journey four years ago. I had a pipe-dream about writing a novel and wanted to learn how to go about it, so I joined a writing site. Actually, I've joined many over the years, but I was lucky enough to find one site and one writing group that is really, really special...
- There are nine of us -- seven women and two men.
- We live all over the globe, from New Zealand and Australia, to the Middle East, to the Midwest and Western U.S.
- Three have already published books with indie presses or epubbers.
- Two others now have agents and/or book contracts and will publish this year.
- One always makes the first cut of ABNA and once even made it to the semi-finals!
- It's an eclectic bunch: professors, teachers, managers, IT specialists, and stay-at-home moms. Because of their varied life experiences, each one brings his/her own critiquing abilities to the group, ensuring that our manuscripts get feedback on all different levels.
- Each one is a super-talented writer who's not afraid of criticism and works hard to improve their craft.
And most important, we support each other. We help brainstorm new ideas, offer advice during writer's block, and commiserate over rejections. We offer cheerful support during frustrating times and joyous celebration when things go right. We lean on each other and each of us is stronger for it.
To my wonderful CPs -- Bill, Breanna, Cynthia, Dave, Kate, Kim, Lori, and Tania --
You've enriched my life in ways I never expected and made my writing journey so much easier and more worthwhile. Meeting and working with you has been the very best part of my writing journey. I'm grateful every day for your friendship and support.
This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is follow the link and put your name on the Mr.Linky list, and then be sure to post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever!