Friday, June 8, 2018

Celebrate Birthdays & 2 Kittens!



My birthday was this week, and I forgot about it! I have so many things to figure out (trying to get to stores, bank problems, in-law problems, lawyers & legal papers...) that I literally forgot to celebrate on the actual day. But my friends came through with a birthday call -- and then a second kitten!! The one kitten they got me before just seemed a bit lonely in the flat with this confused old lady, so I asked my friends for another. The new one's a bundle of energy and fights with the other one, but I figure they just have to get used to each other, grow up a bit, and feel secure in this old lady's home. 'Don't worry, kids, there's enough food to go around!' I'm sure they'll be best buddies soon.

Things look better on the legal front with my (very expensive) lawyer reaching a deal with the in-laws. There were another couple of small properties and it looks like they'll take those and leave me with the main flat that Sherif and I bought 20 years ago, which is what I wanted. 

I'm still super sorry my friends are moving away, but I have hope that good things are coming. In my life, good things usually follow on the heels of disasters, and heaven knows I've been through enough disasters this past year and am overdue for some relaxation and happiness for a change. Come on happiness -- get over here, dagnabbit!!


My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

Celebrate The Small Things Linky:



Grab the Linky html-code here:


** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **


 Celebrate the Small ThingsTo be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week.  It can be about writing or family or school or general life.  This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...